Today has been a good day so far. It's the little things that make me realize life is good:
1) I got to sleep in this morning (OK, I got up twice to let the dog out, but I was able to go back to sleep both times). I dreamt about my aunties, which always makes me laugh. Sure, I have the day off today because I work tomorrow, but hey--that means I have a job to go to.
2) The day is rainy and grey, but it was nice to know the author of the local newspapers' Forecast felt the same way: "Overcast and chilly. Might rain too. Ugh." Misery loves company.
3) Sela Ward was on "The View" this morning, making it doubly good. "The View" is one of my guilty pleasures--I watch when I am home at 11 on a weekday. I've loved Sela Ward since she was on "Sisters". I must admit, until this morning, I had never noticed her slight southern accent. Nice addition.
4) I talked to my mom, and she's doing pretty well. The doctor thinks the radiation is shrinking the tumor, and my mom sounds stronger (and more like herself) every time I talk to her.
5) I have leftover Arni's Junior Salad for lunch! Went out to Arni's after seeing "Capitalism: A Love Story" last night, and it was the perfect end to a great evening with Big N.
6) I have bowling to look forward to tonight. I really love Fridays with my friends.
7) Lastly, I know that at the end of the day, I will not have to climb into bed alone. Karen will be back tonight from her trip to Colorado. It's been a long week, and I've really missed her.
No comments:
Post a Comment