Friday, October 14, 2011

I Am Tired

I am.
I am tired.
So tired of certain men who think they can rule over me.
I am tired of certain men who think they can rule over my daughter, sisters, nieces, mother, friends.
I am tired of certain men who think it is their "God"-given right to have absolute power over every woman.
I am tired of the Republican Party in this country, who decided years ago that it was more important to create barriers to women's health than anything else.  More important than anything else.
I am tired of people who claim they are "pro-life", forgetting that women are living, breathing human beings.
I am tired of the hypocrisy.  The hypocrisy of being "pro-life" until the child is born.  Then it's the WOMAN's responsibility.
I am tired of being told I, and every other female living in this country, cannot be trusted to make their own moral decisions.
I am tired of being told no woman can be responsible for her own body.
I am of living in a world where females are raped, mutilated, scarred, beaten--just because they are female.
I am tired, but I will continue to fight.
Will you?


No comments: