Sunday, April 29, 2012

More on the Road to 365

'On the first day of April, Charlie hid from us'--could be the start of another "12 Days" song.  Yes, he did hide--in his bed--while we ran around, shouting and looking for him all over the house.



I am not a morning person.  As a result, I like to keep things simple every morning, so I can operate on auto-pilot.  Therefore, I make, and eat, the same lunch every workday.  Here it is, in the cool lunchbox Karen bought for me.


Sometimes I forget to take a photo during the day.  On this night, I caught some pink flamingos--in their natural habitat....and the license plates I recently hung on our fence.



Today was Photo Day at your Library.  I took a few photos for a contest of sorts.  I liked this one the best.


"Nurse Jackie" is back on Showtime!  I missed this show!


A friend of ours is running for State Representative.  He would be such a great one, so we are going door-to-door for him.



Again, I totally forgot to take a photo until late in the evening.  This is the nightlight, reflected in the mirror, in our bathroom.  I think it's way cool.


A friend asked me to be Clifford for a library event.  I was--I'm in the suit.  These two just couldn't stop laughing.  And I couldn't stop smiling.


Yet another night photo--this one I call, "Home is Where the Moose Is".  If you look closely, you can see it.


We were at a local restaurant, and seated by the window.  I looked out, and saw a bird at the very top of a cement column.  All of a sudden, it disappeared!  It popped out again moments later, and the process was repeated over and over.  I had a great time trying to catch a photo of it popping out of the area where the nest was!



I've said before--I'm a very visual person.  I was ALMOST persuaded to get the frog legs just because of the sign.  Sadly, it was Friday, and I'm not sure I would want to cripple a frog.  But how can you not love a restaurant that has signs like this?!


Peter earned his 4th degree black belt, and received it today.  He was allowed to conduct this test--what's funny is that he was YOUNGER than all of these kids when he started Taekwondo--18 years ago!



A few days earlier, I took a photo of the feeder, full of seed but not birds.  I titled it, "If You Fill It, They Will Come."  Turns out, I was right!


I decided to re-paint our fence.  Here is Phase One.



When it gets warm enough in the spring, I start to ride my bike to work.  Accidently, this turned out to be a cool photo--it looks like my bike is all wavy.


More interplay of shadows.  This frog has legs!



I'm having an editor look at a story I've written.  It's not as bad as it looks!



This is just a small section of a local store that we LOVE!  I call it, "Lions and Tigers and Beads--Oh My!"



No comments: