Tuesday, April 4, 2017

I Got a Job!

I am pleased to announce that I have taken a job in the nuclear power industry. I will be in charge of a nuclear power plant. I'm not sure where, but I'm really hoping the power plant is close to my family in Iowa, or my friends here in Indiana, or....totally excited!
I'm told by the owners that the facility is pretty old, but should probably not cause a leak or a spill or whatever happens when a nuclear power plant goes "bad". I don't have any experience with a nuclear power plant, but I'm sure it's pretty easy to run--I mean, I turn lights on and off at the Library, I can operate a computer (most of the time), and hey--if something goes wrong, a little radioactive water or air never hurt anyone, right? Ha ha! Right?!
I am going to have the best workers in the nuclear power plant! First thing I will do is look through the personnel files. If there are any---ANY---white men of a "certain age" (i.e., over 18) who work there, they are OUT! Those guys are walking time bombs and I just cannot take that risk, no matter what they know or how much experience they have. NO WHITE MEN.
There will be exceptions to my rule about this though. I want to have the best people with me, so I am also pleased to announce that Peter, Erika and Jonny will be joining me at the nuclear power plant. They have no experience either, but they are my family and I am comfortable working with them. Besides, they can turn off a noisy alarm as easily as the next person, can't they?
As a matter of fact, I trust Jonny (my son-in-law) so much, I'm going to put him in charge of everything...except for signing papers. I'm good at signing papers. He will be in charge of safety, security of the nuclear power plant, maintenance, training, and being up-to-date on all things equipment. He will be terrific at nuclear power plant operation.

So, the question is:  Do you trust me to run a nuclear power plant? Do you trust my children? With an old, possibly failing nuclear power plant in your town? If we make a mistake, you will die. Your kids will die, your grandkids. Will die...But I'm sure I will do just fine.Think about it.

If you don't trust me with a nuclear power plant, why on earth do you trust "HIM" and his family (all lacking all kinds of experience) with our government?


No comments: