Sunday, November 30, 2008

Random: Bill Clinton, Purdue Women's Basketball

Where to start with this randomness?

1) Bill Clinton should be appointed to the US Senate, to fill Hilary's seat when she becomes Secretary of State. There have been other former Presidents who have gone on to the Senate after leaving office, and I should think the citizens of New York would be thrilled to have someone of his caliber working for them. It will keep him busy, AND think of the great things that could be accomplished by someone who has no political agenda--i.e. a real statesman (hmmm.....could be a great role model for the rest).

2) The Purdue women's basketball team will be in the Final Four. IF Fakara can find a way to hold on to the ball. I really, really want to book my tickets for St. Louis now.

3) I cannot wait to see the movie, "Milk", about the late, openly gay politician Harvey Milk. The clip I'm posting may move you as it did me. I will elaborate more later, but it's time---time for ALL gays and lesbians to come out. Show the world your face; it's a lot harder to hate someone you know.

No comments: