In addition to the usual worry about family and friends, this election has kept me awake at night. As a matter of fact, what will keep me awake tonight is at least two Letters to the Editor today that say Barack Obama is the anti-Christ and that the end of the world is upon us. I'm disturbed that people actually think those things, that ministers actually preach that garbage, but I'm equally disturbed that our local newspaper prints this stuff. Given the current state of the world, I'm not so sure that our current president isn't going to end the world for us well before January 2009, but I keep those thoughts to myself (mostly).
The second thing that keeps me awake is the worry about what will happen on Wednesday if John McCain actually wins this election? There have already been instances of voter intimidation, malfunctioning machines, etc. If this election goes to McCain in a squeaker, I am afraid that there will be widespread rioting--people of every race, creed, persuasion will finally get riled up enough to say, "I'm mad as Hell and I won't take it anymore."
I just had to get this out in print--sorry if it causes you some lost sleep too.
No comments:
Post a Comment