
Proclamation # 4: I hereby proclamation that, until such time as a real leader steps forward in the Republican party, I must assume the lunatic fringe (not to be confused with the Monster Raving Loonies in Britain in the 1980s) is firmly in control of the party, and as such, the Republican Party will be ignored. I just don't have the patience nor the time.
I do hope a real leader steps forward soon; I appreciate a two-party system. There is great value in true debate of issues, and in the exchange of ideas. There is nothing to be gained in name-calling; we learned that in grade school. There is much good that can be done when you make an honest attempt at finding common ground; there is little value in saying "No" without a thoughtful reason for it (I learned that early on with kids--you gotta be able to answer the "Why not?") There is a lot to be said for being passionate about your country; there is nothing good about riling a desperate person who has a proclivity for violence.
Change can be good, especially when it encourages us to be more compassionate, more just, and to treat each other as we would want to be treated.
Life is just too short to give any sort of attention to people who want to separate, to divide into "us" vs. "them", or who want to "go back to the way this country used to be" [read here: segregated, homophobic, and where white men made the decisions for everyone else no matter what].
No comments:
Post a Comment