Yes, I despise ("to feel contempt for") the woman; hate ("to dislike strongly") is not a strong enough word to describe how I feel about her. The latest incident is just the frosting on the cake.
This article proves Sarah Palin will stop at NOTHING to suck up as much power as she can. And she will throw anyone, including her youngest child, under the bus, to get that power:
[Speaking of the incident in which Rahm Emanuel called a group "retards", followed not 2 days later by Rush Limbaugh using the same term]:
"They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh," she said, when read a quote of Limbaugh calling liberal groups "retards." "Rush Limbaugh was using satire ... . I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calling a group of people whom he did not agree with 'f-ing retards,' and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, as has been reported, did say that. There is a big difference there."
Really, Sarah? Really? Both men used a term that's used to dehumanize, to hurt, to say that your son, and others like him are lesser people, and you say, for the sake of politics and staying on the good side of a contemptible human being, that it's OK?
I hope both men at least have the decency to publicly apologize, and make a huge donation to Special Olympics. At the very least.
If anyone, anyone used that term in front of me, I'm afraid I would have to take them to task. Yes, I have a stepsister who is mentally handicapped, but I find it a loathsome term anyway. But you, Sarah Palin, you are going to smile, kiss some more ass, and use your own child's handicap for your convenience when it's a political asset for you to do so. It's OK to call him a retard, but if you think you can score some points by tearfully lying that our president would "want to kill someone like my son..." ? You're disgusting.
You say you have a "calling from God"? Here's some news for you--your God would appreciate it far more if you used your power to speak up for those who have no voice to speak for themselves. But there's no money in that, is there Sarah?
Shame on you. You have really sold your soul, haven't you?
2 comments:
I've been trying to figure out why her smarmy "Howz that hope-y change-y thing workin' out for 'ya" comment to the tea-baggers was so deeply irritating to me this week.
It's partly the cynicism of her and her ilk having blocked every idea without alternatives or discussion, then smirking about how well they did it. It's partly the down-her-nose contempt for the point of view of others. It partly just reminds me of the fun-at-other's-expense of a schoolyard bully taking advantage of others.
But mostly it's just frightening that so many people are taking her seriously. Her point of view is not nearly as alarming as her contempt for everyone who disagrees with her. (also goes for Rush...)
Ha - great minds thinks alike. But we knew that already, didn't we?
And Dave is right on. Thank him for his insightful comment.
Post a Comment