I was driving home the other day, and I saw a billboard advertising McDonald's Filet-O-Fish. I don't eat at McDonald's very often, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've eaten a Filet-O-Fish (but I must admit I have fun saying "Filet-O-Fish"--it makes my mouth feel giggly). I can't even remember if the billboard had a photo of a Filet-O-Fish. What attracted my attention was the tagline--something about using only North Atlantic cod, or something to that effect--the tagline wasn't very memorable either. But nonetheless it made me think--how much fish do we consume, as a nation, each year in Filet-O-Fish sandwiches? It's got to be a lot. Are there really enough fish to support our Filet-O-Fish habit? What about the rest of the food we eat--and we do eat alot--where does that all come from? Will we have a never-ending supply of food for our needs? Even as we continue in our mad frenzy to "go forth and multiply"? When...not will...we run out of food? Of space for everyone? Out of water?
I guess I wasn't the only one wondering about this.
Then I started thinking about our reckless population of the planet; how some people, because they can, have baby after baby after baby after baby after baby......and those kids have baby after baby after baby after baby after baby......I started to think about the Duggers, which made me angry--having 18 kids is just irresponsible for so many reasons, but hey, there's money to be made after 15, so why not? I shouldn't even be thinking about them, but they've become famous just for having a herd of kids, so I have to know about them. Same with Octomom and the crazy-cult Mormons with their 5 wives and 46 children and 239 grandchildren! How can any sane person, living on our planet now, believe it's "God's Will" to go out and decimate a not-small patch of our planet just so you can prove you've got enough sperm to beget 275 people???? Does God really want you to be that proud of your penis?? I'm pretty sure She wouldn't. Seriously.
No, I'm pretty sure God would tell you to take care of those who are already here. All of us--planets and animals too. God would probably tell you to go forth and, instead of fornicating yet again, to hug a tree, kiss a polar bear, or snuggle up with your bean planets. Ask your favorite stream out on a date; just bring her home cleaner than when you picked her up. Put a condom on your...tailpipe...to control those toxic emissions. Direct your excess energy...to erecting...wind farms...God would tell you it's a manly (and womanly) thing to do.


No comments:
Post a Comment