Monday, April 1, 2013

It's Official


It's official, and I can finally tell the world!  [Or, the people who actually read my blog]
I've been named the Official Children's Writer for the State of Indiana!  I cannot tell you how excited I am with my new 2nd job!
The Republicans in power have wanted to do some youthful outreach for a while, but after the last election, the need was urgent.  They contacted me in utmost secrecy, and I was sworn to silence until today. Evidently our new governor, Mike Pence, was charmed by my cat stories.  As he said in his official announcement, "I really hope Ms. Charlotte finds a way to work her cats into the stories she writes for our youth.  And maybe some elephants too.  The need to communicate effectively with our six-year-old constituents is urgent, and I know she's the one to do it.  She's agreed to a six figure salary in exchange for making my character something better than the original idea--a dung beetle."     

No comments: