Houston, Texas Mayor Annise Parker, speaking about a flyer that was mailed out by her anti-gay opponent:
“In that first campaign he put out that flier,” she said. “It shows me being sworn in as city comptroller with my hand on the Bible and my right hand in the air, and my wife standing beside me. And I’m being sworn in by an African-American woman, a federal judge. And the caption is, ‘Is this the image of Houston we want the world to see?’ And I kept a copy of it and framed it. Because it's a black woman? Or the fact that there’s a woman judge? Or is it that I’m a woman officeholder? Or is it that I’m a lesbian? There’s a whole lot of subtext to that flier, and I think they were all in his head.”"
“In that first campaign he put out that flier,” she said. “It shows me being sworn in as city comptroller with my hand on the Bible and my right hand in the air, and my wife standing beside me. And I’m being sworn in by an African-American woman, a federal judge. And the caption is, ‘Is this the image of Houston we want the world to see?’ And I kept a copy of it and framed it. Because it's a black woman? Or the fact that there’s a woman judge? Or is it that I’m a woman officeholder? Or is it that I’m a lesbian? There’s a whole lot of subtext to that flier, and I think they were all in his head.”"

No comments:
Post a Comment