

I can't even begin to understand these people. Are they for real? Do they know their history, or do they just let Rush Limbaugh and others like him tell them bedtime stories every night? It makes me sick to think they would use President Obama's photo as Hitler, of all people. What heinous crime has he possibly done to them, to their families, to justify comparing him to one of the most evil humans in history? If they think Obama is so bad, where were they the past 8 years, when our president and vice president were allowing torture of other human beings? Where was the outcry then?
Are these the new faces of the Republican party? Part of me wants these wingnuts to be the new voices of the Republican party, and part of me is very sad that there are so many delusional folks out there.
I also don't understand the Tea Parties that went on across the nation today. Most were held in city parks, on bridges, and there was police protection provided to the protesters. I just wanted to ask these protesters what they think paid for the bridges they stood on, the parks they were in, and the police who were standing by? Did they drive to the Tea Parties on roads? Who taught them to read and write the words on their posters? Thank goodness taxes were used for these and many other things, otherwise these protesters wouldn't have time to be on the bridges--they would be home, working while it was still daylight (because when darkness came, there would be no electric grid to provide them with electricity) to maintain the road in front of their house, and to keep an eye out for looters. How shortsighted can a person be?
Make no mistake--this was no grassroots protest today. These people were being manipulated by big business and the likes of Newt Gingrich. When they don't have anything positive to offer, no real solutions to put forward, it's tempting to rile the masses with whispers and smear tactics. Divide and conquer.
I thought we were better than that. I had hoped we were a better people than that. And then I saw those homemade signs, and felt sad again for our country. I can only hope the Republican Party can find its' moderate, sane voice again.
No comments:
Post a Comment