"After
leaving the gym I decided to swing by the bank. As im approaching the
ATM booth I noticed an elderly white lady using the machine. With all
the crime in lakeview (although you can only enter with a valid bank
card) I decided not to enter and give the lady ample amount of space.
After about 4 mins I choose to ente
r the
booth seeing as I was soaked and didnt want to catch a cold. I stepped
to the far back corner of the ATM (again to give the lady ample amount
of room and privacy) As i lifted my head I noticed the older lady
shaking, out of what I assumed was fear. So, as im about to write a
snark FB update the lady turns around with tears running down her face.
She walks over to me and says "Im sorry" I didnt understand so I asked
what for? she replied with "i'm sorry that racism is still a thing, Im
sorry that you feel like you need to stand in the cold because of a cold
world." and then she said something that blew my mind..... She goes on
to say " I'm not afraid of you. Im sorry that you have to be
subconsciously afraid of me in this ATM booth and in this world. I wiped
away her tears and literally embraced this woman like I had known her
for years.
Humble Pie.
Holy shit Universe,
Well played."
No comments:
Post a Comment