Sometimes it's best to have a visual. I'm not apologizing for the image above. I hope it shocks you, makes you gasp, look away, get mad....all of the above. I hope you're pissed as hell, and I hope THIS is the kick in the ass you need to get involved.
Because THAT--up there--is now allowed to happen to women who who are seeking reproductive health services in the state of Virginia. The Republican governor has promised to sign this bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Yes, in the United States of America. In 2012.
In case you haven't heard, from now on, if a woman in Virginia wants an abortion, the doctor will be REQUIRED to do a transvaginal ultrasound. For no other reason than the legislature told the doctor to--there is no medical reason why this is necessary. It's just that men in suits in March 2012 decided that they would love to rape a woman without getting their hands dirty. They would love to rape a woman because they can.
Let me let that sink in.
Rape--a sexual assault initiated without a person's consent. This is what the legislature voted to have done to women who don't consent. Girls who are abused, pregnant, and need an abortion. They have to be "probed". Women who are raped, need a abortion--a legal medical procedure, are required to be "probed". Again. I could go on, but this just makes me sick.
What the hell? Have men in the United States lost their minds? Yes, you can remind me that women are legislators too, but they are not a majority of the legislator in any state in the United States. This is proposed by men, and approved by men.
I thought it was our economy that sucked, that we needed jobs and infrastructure, and good education; clean air and clean water and safe food.
Turns out that, according to a lot of Republicans, a lot of male legislators, what we really need is to fuck our women any way we can. Some call it a transvaginal probe, some call it rape. I call it frightening.
And don't get me started on the "Personhood at Conception" bill that was also passed, most recently in Virginia.
Please....get mad. Get involved. Draw the line in the sand NOW.
At the very least, donate. To NARAL. To Planned Parenthood. To the Democratic Party. Because the Republicans have just proved all they want to do is fuck you and your women. Literally.

No comments:
Post a Comment