Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?": Response # 8

Since Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, and the GOP have asked, I will answer their question.
Response # 8 to the question:  "Are YOU better off than you were 4 years ago?"
The answer is yes.  Yes, I am better off.  
Do you remember Dick Cheney?  He was vice president for 
George W. Bush.  The more I found out about Dick Cheney, the harder I prayed for the strength of George W's heart.  The thought of Dick Cheney as PRESIDENT of the United States was chilling.  
I think you can tell a lot about a person by looking at their facial features as they age.  Happy people will have crinkles around their mouths, pointing upward.  Their foreheads will have wrinkles of delight.  Look at a photo of Dick Cheney.  His face is one big sneer.  As in, "Fuck all y'all."   
And the Darth Vader impression?  I don't think it's too far off the mark.  Dick Cheney shot a man in the face.  And the man apologized!!!  Now that's power.  
And all of this combined?  Does not touch the fact that this man cannot leave the United States.  Really.  He can't.  Nor can George W. Bush.  Why?  Because they will be arrested and charged as war criminals.  Yes.  I'll let that sink in.  The United States is harboring war criminals.  We even elected them president and vice president in 2004.  
They are considered criminals because of their actions during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.  They ordered the torture of individuals--you don't have to believe me on that; they've admitted it.  Waterboarding?  Illegal and barbaric in the rest of the world, legal under Bush/Cheney.  
So, am I better off than I was 4 years ago?  You betcha.  My vice president is Joe Biden.  He won't shoot your face off; he'll invite you to DC for beers!

No comments: