Since Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, and the GOP have asked, I will answer their question.
Response # 12 to the question: "Are YOU better off than you were 4 years ago?"
The answer is yes. Yes, I am better off.
You see, I have a pre-existing condition.
Four years ago, if I changed jobs, or if my employer changed insurance companies, that health insurance company had every right to deny me coverage. Because of a health issue I have little control over.
But now, thanks to the passage of the Affordable Care Act, that same health insurance company must provide coverage for me--it's illegal if they don't provide coverage for me.
So am I better off? Yes. I can actually sleep better at night, because there's one less item in my "worry box".
Thank you, President Obama and (mostly) Democrats in Congress. Thank you for passing the Affordable Care Act.
Response # 12 to the question: "Are YOU better off than you were 4 years ago?"
The answer is yes. Yes, I am better off.
You see, I have a pre-existing condition.
Four years ago, if I changed jobs, or if my employer changed insurance companies, that health insurance company had every right to deny me coverage. Because of a health issue I have little control over.
But now, thanks to the passage of the Affordable Care Act, that same health insurance company must provide coverage for me--it's illegal if they don't provide coverage for me.
So am I better off? Yes. I can actually sleep better at night, because there's one less item in my "worry box".
Thank you, President Obama and (mostly) Democrats in Congress. Thank you for passing the Affordable Care Act.

No comments:
Post a Comment