Since Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, and the GOP have asked, I will answer their question.
Response # 19 to the question: "Are YOU better off than you were 4 years ago?"
The answer is yes. Yes, I am better off.
19 is a good number. The 19th Amendment to the US Constitution gave women the right to vote.
I think women sometimes take that right for granted. We become complacent, think that our elected officials are certainly, really going to always, totally think about women and their needs, their desires.
2010 was a wake-up call, particularly for young women. For while male Republican candidate after male Republican candidate ran on a platform of "Jobs, jobs, jobs," their true agendas soon become frighteningly clear. In far too many state legislatures in 2011 and 2012, laws were passed to deny women the right to control their own health care choices. It's frightening to think how easy it was for the Republican party to bamboozle women, and horrifying to consider what could be next.
So why does this make me better off than I was 4 years ago? Because women are angry. When women are angry, they take action to protect themselves and their offspring, their sisters, their mothers. As Sarah Palin once said, "Here in Alaska, I always think of the mama grizzly bears that rise up on their hind legs when somebody’s comin’ to attack their cubs, to do something adverse toward their cubs. Ya thought pit bulls were tough! Well, ya don’t wanna mess with the mama grizzlies."
No indeed. You don't want to mess with those female grizzlies--they're angry, and they're going to vote.
Response # 19 to the question: "Are YOU better off than you were 4 years ago?"
The answer is yes. Yes, I am better off.
19 is a good number. The 19th Amendment to the US Constitution gave women the right to vote.
I think women sometimes take that right for granted. We become complacent, think that our elected officials are certainly, really going to always, totally think about women and their needs, their desires.
2010 was a wake-up call, particularly for young women. For while male Republican candidate after male Republican candidate ran on a platform of "Jobs, jobs, jobs," their true agendas soon become frighteningly clear. In far too many state legislatures in 2011 and 2012, laws were passed to deny women the right to control their own health care choices. It's frightening to think how easy it was for the Republican party to bamboozle women, and horrifying to consider what could be next.
So why does this make me better off than I was 4 years ago? Because women are angry. When women are angry, they take action to protect themselves and their offspring, their sisters, their mothers. As Sarah Palin once said, "Here in Alaska, I always think of the mama grizzly bears that rise up on their hind legs when somebody’s comin’ to attack their cubs, to do something adverse toward their cubs. Ya thought pit bulls were tough! Well, ya don’t wanna mess with the mama grizzlies."
No indeed. You don't want to mess with those female grizzlies--they're angry, and they're going to vote.

No comments:
Post a Comment