Since Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, and the GOP have asked, I will answer their question.
Response # 21 to the question: "Are YOU better off than you were 4 years ago?"
The answer is yes. Yes, I am better off.
I am better off, because my kids, and other young adults, are better off.
It used to be that when you turned 21, everything changed....because suddenly you were considered an adult. You got married (if you weren't already), had some kids, held down a job, bought a house....
Now, most new adults, turning 21, are still in school--college, trade school, whatever. A large majority still live at home, and still need some sort of support from their parents. They especially need health insurance.
One of the first provisions of the Affordable Care Act to take effect was the one that allows adult children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26.
Thanks to that, parents are resting a little easier these days, knowing their kids are covered.
Response # 21 to the question: "Are YOU better off than you were 4 years ago?"
The answer is yes. Yes, I am better off.
I am better off, because my kids, and other young adults, are better off.
It used to be that when you turned 21, everything changed....because suddenly you were considered an adult. You got married (if you weren't already), had some kids, held down a job, bought a house....
Now, most new adults, turning 21, are still in school--college, trade school, whatever. A large majority still live at home, and still need some sort of support from their parents. They especially need health insurance.
One of the first provisions of the Affordable Care Act to take effect was the one that allows adult children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26.
Thanks to that, parents are resting a little easier these days, knowing their kids are covered.

No comments:
Post a Comment