Reason # 11 why I won't vote for Mitt Romney?
I take pride in the fact that I am an educated voter. Unlike my grandmother, who came close to voting for George Wallace because he looked like a nice man, I take time to read, to listen, and to evaluate a candidate's positions on various issues. Voting is a right that should never be taken for granted.
But when it comes to Mitt Romney, I find I am constantly frustrated. His positions on very important issues keep changing--not as in being tweaked, but as in flip-flopping. Telling the "Right" what they want to hear, then turning around and trying to look moderate.
Mitt Romney will not get my vote. His pat answer, "Trust me. We will release that after the elections," doesn't fly. I want positions to be thoughtful and written down. I want them to be quantified and analyzed and reviewed for effectiveness.
Is that too much to ask?
I take pride in the fact that I am an educated voter. Unlike my grandmother, who came close to voting for George Wallace because he looked like a nice man, I take time to read, to listen, and to evaluate a candidate's positions on various issues. Voting is a right that should never be taken for granted.
But when it comes to Mitt Romney, I find I am constantly frustrated. His positions on very important issues keep changing--not as in being tweaked, but as in flip-flopping. Telling the "Right" what they want to hear, then turning around and trying to look moderate.
Mitt Romney will not get my vote. His pat answer, "Trust me. We will release that after the elections," doesn't fly. I want positions to be thoughtful and written down. I want them to be quantified and analyzed and reviewed for effectiveness.
Is that too much to ask?

No comments:
Post a Comment