Why I Won't Vote for Mitt Romney: Reason # 24
I won't vote for him because I really don't know why he's running for president in the first place. There are 24 hours in a day, 52 weeks in a year, 4 years between presidential elections.
Mitt Romney bowed out of the 2008 Presidential Election on February 8, 2008. I would give him a month to rest, recuperate, whatever. So by March 8, 2008, Romney needs to focus on what he's going to do with his future. Maybe write a book, maybe kiss McCain's ass for a while, to see if he can get a position in McCain's administration, maybe just travel the world. If he decides to run again for president, he has approximately 232 weeks to convince the voters in the United States to elect him in 2012. By my count, he's had 1,316 days since March 8, 2008 to tell us why he wants to be president. I still don't know why Mitt Romney wants the job. Do you?
If you don't know, and I don't know, he's done a pretty poor job of selling himself.
It's pretty easy to tell us why.
Do you want to make the world a better place?
Do you think you can fix the economy more quickly?
Are you smarter than President Obama?
Have some insight into foreign policy that will help you?
Are good friends with many of the other headers in the world?
What? Why? Why do you want to be president?
You have some need to make your family proud of you? To prove you're really a success?
Because you get off on the power?
Because you want to make bucket loads of money for your friends?
Of all the reasons I've listed, I believe the last reason is, unfortunately, the most likely. But here's the thing. Romney and his friends have more money than you or I will ever have in our entire lifetimes. More than they need, more than their kids need, more than the next 2 generations will ever need. Money, to them, is no longer the end game. Power is. And playing the power game when the people of the United States are the game pieces is wrong. And immortal.
I can't vote for someone for president who thinks I'm a chip. Can you?

I won't vote for him because I really don't know why he's running for president in the first place. There are 24 hours in a day, 52 weeks in a year, 4 years between presidential elections.
Mitt Romney bowed out of the 2008 Presidential Election on February 8, 2008. I would give him a month to rest, recuperate, whatever. So by March 8, 2008, Romney needs to focus on what he's going to do with his future. Maybe write a book, maybe kiss McCain's ass for a while, to see if he can get a position in McCain's administration, maybe just travel the world. If he decides to run again for president, he has approximately 232 weeks to convince the voters in the United States to elect him in 2012. By my count, he's had 1,316 days since March 8, 2008 to tell us why he wants to be president. I still don't know why Mitt Romney wants the job. Do you?
If you don't know, and I don't know, he's done a pretty poor job of selling himself.
It's pretty easy to tell us why.
Do you want to make the world a better place?
Do you think you can fix the economy more quickly?
Are you smarter than President Obama?
Have some insight into foreign policy that will help you?
Are good friends with many of the other headers in the world?
What? Why? Why do you want to be president?
You have some need to make your family proud of you? To prove you're really a success?
Because you get off on the power?
Because you want to make bucket loads of money for your friends?
Of all the reasons I've listed, I believe the last reason is, unfortunately, the most likely. But here's the thing. Romney and his friends have more money than you or I will ever have in our entire lifetimes. More than they need, more than their kids need, more than the next 2 generations will ever need. Money, to them, is no longer the end game. Power is. And playing the power game when the people of the United States are the game pieces is wrong. And immortal.
I can't vote for someone for president who thinks I'm a chip. Can you?
No comments:
Post a Comment