Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Reason # 22 Why I Won't Vote for Mitt Romney

The countdown continues.  Reason # 22 why I won't vote for Mitt Romney?
Because he does not believe "Trickle Down" is dead.  That is, if it was ever a thriving economic theory, or just a Ronald Reagan wet dream.
"Trickle Down", as an economic theory, goes like this:  give massive tax cuts to the "job creators", remove pesky regulations that get in their way, and the money they earn, hand over fist, will "trickle down" to the rest of us "moochers" in the form of new jobs and prosperity for all.
"Trickle Down" does not work.  
Someone needs to tell Mitt Romney.  It.  Does.  NOT.  Work.
At least in the economic, "Prosperity for All" sense.
It DOES work in one way--I've seen it, experienced it as an elected official--expenses "trickle down" to the local level.
National level?  "We aren't going to raise taxes."
State level?  "We're not going to raise taxes."
Local level?  "We have to raise taxes.  To support schools, police, firefighters, road repair, infrastructure."
I work in the public sector.  We're cutting our hours, our services, our products, because Congress and the state legislature are committed to not raising taxes.  On the very wealthiest.  Because.
In the end, you get what you pay for.
I'm voting for Barack Obama.  He knows "Trickle Down" is dead.







No comments: