Monday, October 22, 2012

Reason # 14 Why I Won't Vote for Mitt Romney

Reason # 14 why I won't vote for Mitt Romney?  Because I can't trust the Republican party.  Why can't I trust the Republicans?  
It ties in with Reason # 15.In 2010, the GOP ran with a campaign promise of "Jobs, jobs, jobs".  Once elected, this same GOP abandoned that promise and instead set to deny women the rights to their own bodies.
What could be more heinous than that?  
It's a basic human right, to have control over your own body.
Unless, I guess, you're a woman, living in the United States in the 21st century.
My grandmas must be turning in their graves.
My mom can't understand it.
They fought so hard for us.  Fought so hard for birth control, for access to safe abortions.  For the right.  
In 2010, the GOP threw out a huge smoke screen, a huge promise of jobs; promised they would improve the economy.  
Instead, they targeted the majority of the country--set about to deny them the most basic of rights.  They could do it because:  1)  The GOP held the majority in state legislatures, and 2)  There weren't as many women in power.  
Don't believe me?  Believe this:



Oh, some of the laws were real doozies.
  • Instead of helping you get a job in Arizona, the State legislature makes you ask your employer if you can have contraception.  You, a grown adult, have to ask permission.
  • Instead of helping you get a job in Mississippi, the State legislature (and the governor) are working to close the only remaining abortion provider in the state.  
  • Instead of helping you get a job in Virginia, the State legislature offered women a trans-vaginal ultrasound, thus basically fucking you one more time before your medical procedure.  Because they could.  AND, you have to pay for it!!!!!!  HA HA HA HA HA.  Those guys are hilarious.
  •  Instead of helping you get a job in Tennessee, the State legislature passed new, restrictive laws, and at least one health clinic is closing.  Ummmm, doesn't that mean a loss of jobs in Tennessee?
  • Instead of helping you get a job, the State legislature in 10 states got really busy working to defund Planned Parenthood.  So, not only did they not help create jobs, but if you can't afford health care, you can't go to Planned Parenthood for help.  Thank goodness President Obama stepped in.
  • Instead of helping you get a job in nine different states, these State legislatures have introduced "Personhood" amendments.  In other words, these legislators want to define "life" as beginning at conception.  Oh, yes, they care so much about human life.  Until that life is actually here on earth.  And then they don't.  Because most of these same "humanitarians" have gutted education, health care, and support services in their states too.  


I could go on and on, but this news is just depressing.  And the point is made.  
The GOP is again running on "Jobs, jobs, jobs."  I guarantee they are lying to us.  Especially to women.  Women, you have much to fear, and much to lose, if you vote for any Republican at any level this year.  
I wasn't fooled in 2010, and I won't be suckered into it this time.  
I'm voting for the Democrats.
  

No comments: