Friday, October 12, 2012

Reason # 20 Why I Won't Vote for Mitt Romney

Reason # 20 why I won't vote for Mitt Romney?
Paul Ryan.
He may be a shining star of the Republican party, but I don't think that's saying much--I mean, it takes so little to be head and shoulders above GOP members of Congress who promised some guy named Grover Norquist that they would never, ever raise taxes--not even if their constituents wanted it.  I think Paul Ryan is at least capable of thinking for himself.
And at least he's not Sarah Palin.  He's far more civilized than she is, and for that I'm grateful.  VERY grateful.  In case you've forgotten, this was a typical day on the campaign trail with Sarah Palin in 2008:

"The Washington Post's Dana Milbank reported an incident at a Palin rally that should open America's eyes to the central role violent rhetoric now plays in the McCain campaign. Milbank describes how Palin told the crowd in Florida that Obama has close associations with a terrorist who sought to bomb the Pentagon and the U.S. Capital, in response to which the crowd responded with a threat on Sen. Obama's life:
"Now it turns out, one of his earliest supporters is a man named Bill Ayers...And, according to the New York Times, he was a domestic terrorist and part of a group that, quote, 'launched a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and our U.S. Capitol,'" she continued.
"Boooo!" the crowd repeated.
"Kill him!" proposed one man in the audience."


She had nothing to campaign on, so she sank to the bottom.
Paul Ryan has another problem though--he lies.  He's been caught at them, but still can't control himself.  Even Fox Network mentioned it.
Yes, we all "stretch the truth", but we don't all want to be Vice President of the United States.  I think the American people need to be able to trust someone who's got that much power.  It's important here, and it's important abroad.
Speaking of the office of Vice President, when it comes down to it, I want someone with foreign policy experience.  I wanted that 4 years ago too.  Joe Biden has it.  He's got more experience, more expertise, more knowledge about the ways of the world than Paul Ryan could only ever dream of having.
So that's reason # 20.  I want Joe Biden to be my Vice President for the next 4 years.



No comments: